· Outline safe operational procedureswhich identifies and takes account of all relevant hazards
· Carry out regular site inspections tocheck policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
· Make changes to working practices thatare safe and comply with legislation.
· Prepare health and safety strategiesand develop internal policy.
· Lead in-house training with managersand employees about health and safety issues and risks.
· Keep records of inspection findingsand produce reports that suggest improvements.
· Record incidents, accidents and producestatistics for managers.
· Attend Institution of Occupational Safetyand Health (IOSH) seminars, and read professional journals.
· Produce management reports,newsletters and bulletins.
· Ensure the safe installation of equipment’s.
· Advise on a range of specialist areas,e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery andoccupational diseases